Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday?

I've been completely obsessed with lights for the past three years. But then again, I've loved stars my entire life. The twinkle of christmas lights in the dark, reminds me of the glorious stars---makes sense, right? Recently, I've moved into a new home and being the nostalgic, young hearted girl I am, I hate change. But, more on that in a moment.>>>>>

I've noticed christmas lights becoming a new way to decorate any room, making it feel more comfortable. These are a few websites that have DIY ideas, allowing you to put a personal stamp on the way you use lights. Also, the last link shows you a fancier version of christmas lights, designed specifically for indoor decor and giving a whimsical starry feel to your room.


                                     
             66 Inspiring ideas for Christmas lights

                                                                       Starry Lights

Anyways, where I'm staying now, I was reluctant to make my home. Until my mom set the bag of lights from my old room in front of me. I avoided hanging them, because I knew exactly what would happen. The moment I plugged in my newly hung lights,  instantly I knew any place can become home. It's not the lights that makes this home, they just make me happy. It's the fact of life never being what you've expected or planned. Life is a crazy adventure made up of small flashes of time. Some painful, others beautiful, maybe a few that are even both, all completely uncontrollable. But you can control how you let them affected you. How you will react.


I chose to hang my lights, and love this moment. This flash of time. Thanking God for the ability to once again find joy from my humble strand of twinkling lights.<<<<<<

"There's no point in consistently worrying about everything. What will happen, will happen regardless. So breathe, look on the bright side, have some laughs, fall in love, accept what you can't change, and carry on. To actually live is courageous. Most people exist, that is all." ~Unknown




>>> Arrow


No comments:

Post a Comment