Friday, May 9, 2014

Kindred Spirits

You know that moment when you meet someone and directly after breaking the awkward silence you've realized you have so much in common with this person, that you two are, in a way, kindred spirits? I know that term may be a tad cliché or even out dated, but let's run with it. 

Talking to this person, you're able to voice your wildest dreams, weird habits, beautiful moments. Being fascinated by their response to your tellings, as well as honored by the fact that they're even interested in your thoughts. On top of all of that, you are just as amazed at their life, the way they look at art, or How they perceive beauty. Maybe it's the way their eyes light up when discussing a traveling experience, or maybe it's the genuine intrest they have in your story, as if you might have actually seen your own lit eyes, reflecting in theirs! I don't know if that even made sense. My point is, I learned something beautiful today. I have a tendency to be slightly reclusive, but the impact this person had---just by listening, truthful being engaged in the conversation, showed me the beauty of people. The joy of discovering a new face. 
Who knows, maybe I'll keep in touch with this spirit, or maybe I'll never even speak to them again. All I know is today, I was inspired. And I thank God for it. 



As my brother has always reminded me, aspire to inspire

Don't miss the beauty, guys. Even if it's hard to find, it's there. 

>>> Arrow

No comments:

Post a Comment